Today author Devi Nina Bingham talks about her extraordinary writing journey and her encounters with the Angel Metatron
By nmurray, Dec 21 2019 11:35AM
Hello Nina, thank you so much for joining me today on my blog. Please let everyone know about your writing carerr and you new book due out in the New Year 'Messages from Meatron - a course in self-transformation'
1. What made you want to write a book?--I've published 6 books; my last book was my autobiography, a powerful story of comeback entitled, "Once The Storm Is Over: From Grieving to Healing After The Suicide of My Daughter" (Big Table Publishing, 2015).
Shortly after that book's publication, I was taking my dog for a walk when I distinctly heard my daughter's voice (the one who had died). It startled me so much that I came to a complete stop. All she said was: "Listen for the voice." I had no idea what voice she was talking about, but I promised her that day that I'd be listening. It was several months later, in the middle of the night, that I was awoken by the voice of Archangel Metatron thundering in my head and He was dictating a message. I stumbled out of bed, sat down at my desk and began to write. This exact pattern of waking out of a sound sleep to take dictation continued on and off for the next 3 years. Occasionally the messages came during the day, but mostly in the dead of night. I was working full time then with clients so I didn't have much time to channel during the day, which is why His messages were delivered at night. The word "angel" is translated as "messenger" and angles, especially Archangels, are characterized as the ones who bring messages from Heaven, in the Bible and many other religious texts. In fact, every religion believes in angels (though they may call them by different names). In those 3 years I wrote down 30 messages, each quite lengthy. When Metatron's messages were complete, I added a study guide so that individuals or groups can study what they have learned and incorporate the lessons into their own lives.
I understand that there are many people who do not believe in angels, nor that angels can communicate with us, but I respectfully disagree. Throughout history, cultures around the globe have received angelic messages of hope, and many people feel they have been the recipient of an angelic intervention or visit. In fact, the majority of Americans believe in the reality of angels. I'm not trying to convince anybody - but I ask that people approach the subject of angels with an open mind. There is more about the universe that we do not know than what we do know, and science can confirm that. "Facts" are always in the process of revision as new scientific breakthroughs are made. While it's fine to be a skeptic (we should listen to science), we should also try and keep an open mind, especially about matters of the afterlife that we know so little about. This book sheds light on not only what happens in the afterlife and what we can expect, but also on what our purpose is in life.
2. Tell us about you and where you live.- I live in the Sedona, AZ area in the USA. It's a breathtakingly beautiful part of the American Southwest known for its gigantic red rock formations. It also happens to be the sunniest place in the USA.
3. What have you written and what are you working on now? - I've written my autobiography (Once The Storm Is Over), and since I have a degree in mental health counseling I wrote a book on recovery from addictions, eating disorders and OCD (Never Enough: A Recovery Workbook) as well as a treatment manual for Borderline Personality Disorder (Challenges, Consequences, and Commitment Therapy: (CCCT) for Borderline Personality Disorder). I've also written a poetry trilogy. My next book is a sequel to Messages From Metatron entitled, "Ten Angels Teach You How to Live an Inspired Life."
4. How do you market your books and do your promotion methods work? - Like most indie authors, I'm a one-woman show, so it's up to me whether a book succeeds or fails. I consider a book a success when it gets good reviews (overall), and when it gets media attention. I believe that any media is good media. Even if your book is controversial (some people like it, some don't), it's successful if it is garnering attention and sales. My marketing method is to keep writing (you should always have a book waiting in the wings), and to ask, ask ask to be the guest on podcasts, the subject of Author Interviews, and to garner as many honest reviews from bloggers and professional reviewers as possible. If your book wins a literary award or a special distinction, make the most of that by posting it on social media. Social media is the main way to spread the word about a book, and I suggest the author pick no more than 2 social media platforms, because managing even 2 is a big job.
5. Where can readers find your book for sale? - Exclusively on Amazon.com being distributed worldwide.
Messages From Metatron is available in January 2020.
Thank you Nina for sharing your author's life and books with everyone. Your new book looks facinating and I look forward to reading it.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year